How to Roll Up and Down your Rope and Pulley Rigged Patio Enclosures
Rolling up and down your patio weather curtains, clear vinyl shades, rolling outdoor clear blinds, and restaurant enclosures is very easy and can be done with one person in a very short amount of time.
Our outdoor patio enclosures and sun shades aren’t just suitable for your home. They are great additions for gazebos and other outbuildings where you want to minimize the effects of snow, wind, or rain, including the sun’s harsh rays. To find out more about our patio enclosures or the ordering process, you can click the Quick Quote button at the top of the page to receive a FREE Ballpark estimate online, fill out our contact form or call by phone at (830) 445-4500.
How to OperateYour Rope and PulleyCurtains
Follow this simple, step-by-step guide to rolling up your patio enclosure when you no longer need protection from the elements.
- Unzip the Curtains. Unzip the curtains from the ground up by hand. Push the zipper slider above your head and then use the pole hook to finish. Hook the end of the pole hook that came with your curtain order, onto the zipper ring and push to about 6 inches from the top.
- Undo the Tie-Downs. Unfasten each tie-down
- Roll Up the Curtains. Start rolling by hand. Roll carefully to keep the curtains from wrinkling or bunching up. Once the rolled-up curtain reaches shoulder height, use the rope and pulley to finish the job. Place them in the stored position and secure with the curtain with the Velcro straps and loosen the rope from the curtain to prevent chafing.
- Secure the Rope. Coil the rope around the cleat to keep it stored safely out of the way.
How to Roll Down Your Pulley Rigged Curtains
Fasten down your rope and pulley patio enclosure whenever you need an effective sun shade, rain guard, or wind barrier. Here’s how to do it:
- Release the Rope. Uncoil the rope from the cleat.
- Lower the Curtains. Unfasten the Velcro straps to release the curtains. Use the rope and pulley system to ease the curtain all the way down to the ground.
- Secure the Curtains. Fasten each tie-down strap to keep the curtain from blowing around. Do not over tighten the tie down straps; allow the curtains to move a bit to deflect the wind.
- Close the Curtains. Use the pole hook to pull the zipper slider down. Once they reach head-height, you can continue zippering the curtains by hand to the ground.